Thursday, March 4, 1993

Flying Around North Texas

For the next year after passing my check ride, I spent much of my flying time from Addison Airport nearby areas in northern Texas. For simple touch-n-go practice I usually flew to Denton, although weekends were pretty busy.

(above) Heading out in a C-150 with my buddy Doug (was my instructor before the Check Ride).



(above) This C-150 belongs in a museum -- old and cranky, but I flew it anyway.


(above) Filling the tanks before the heading north.



(above) Addison Airport from above, exiting the pattern.


(above) Flying over Lake Lewisville, southeast of Denton.


(above) Downwind at Denton Airport.

(above) University of North Texas campus in Denton (looking north).

(above) Abandoned Boeing 727, DC-8 and DC-9 aircraft at Grayson County Airport.

(above) A close-up of the aircraft graveyard.

No comments: